Oct 18 2008
Long Term Food Storage
- Traditionally methods of storing canned food and dried food in containers
- Some Practices derived from Church of LDS (Mormon) who advise members keep years supply of food
- Recently LDS counseled members to start with 3 month supply food storage
- General population interested in food storage for preparedness are utilizing LDS knowledge and resources
- Freeze Dried Food is an easy alternative to these traditional food storage methods for those in urban areas with limited space.
- Most freeze dried food distributors located in Utah or Oregon that had mainly served LDS members now have grown to have a wide customer base across USA.
- Online sales of freeze dried food as a long term food reserve have increased by over 500% in 2008.